Friday, February 17, 2012

Confetti System

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Masterchef Malaysia Finale. The day where million shredded pieces of colourful paper flew around my hair, stuck in between eyelashes, in my hair, in my bra (-_-) and we were playing with confetti as if they were snow, just like kids. Still waiting for the HD version of the pictures though!! AHHH when will it be out!?

And guess what? I got my apron from the show! With my name :D And the notebook, and the t-shirt (super oversized, like can fit two of me -_-) :D

Gone were the days I pile on makeup like there's no tomorrow (really because you won't know when you'll be eliminated wtf!) and thinking which top is appropriate for TV (no sleeveless, no sheer, no skirts above knees) like seriously it was kinda hard to dress for TV, i'm a little slut at heart (I love my shorts and sheer tops you know? kidding). Oh and how I've missed my makeup artist/hairstylist who gives me the most wonderful of braids, accompanied with half a can of spray each touch-up session. I'll go back to the "house", soak my hair with conditioner while removing makeup at 1am and then continue with shampoo and conditioning again. My hair smells of Pantene everyday. And we'll stop by some petrol stations some nights to stock up on snacks for waiting sesh at green room. Oreo double stuf was the favourite amongst the gang. Sugar high, chocolatey goodness, oversweetened teh panas prepared by caterers. We basically spend from 7am to 12am in the studios.

Was rather mentally torturing cause all I wanted and needed was sleep, teh panas, sleep, think what to cook, sleep (thinking about it not really sleeping), stand and wait for judging, soak hair with conditioner, dry hair, sleep. Repeat cycle. It was fun while it lasted. And my only workout during my time was standing, squat while having breaks between judging (no chairs, still standing lol) and lifting crockeries during challenges! OH and when we're in the pantry! HAHA OMG i miss that place, I mean since when you get to grab whatever you want (per recipe) without paying? :P I love that!! :D


Many asked what am I doing and what am I going to do with my culinary journey etc. Right now I'm with the Azorias team (and very proud!). Cooking to me, will always be a passion, an interest, something I'll never give up, because really? Hui Ting and no food is like big no no, I cannot starve myself. My lifelong dream will be having my own cafe (or maybe like F&B chains, who knows :P) and right now I'm still too young in these whole culinary world and I lack experience what not, and hello?? Capital to start up a cafe?? haha. So yes, watch out kids, something big will be brewing in the future, and be still. :)

No comments: