Saturday, September 12, 2009

Someday you will find me caught beneath the landslide in the champagne supernova in the sky


"I've got a part-time job as a telemarketer. Not the greatest of jobs but, not working of comission anymore, I've actually started to like it. Everyday I get to talk to people and hear them telling me stories from their lives. Stories I'd never hear if I hadn't tried desperately to sell them a subscription of a newspaper.

A few weeks ago I had a very interesting conversation with an old man.
I asked him if he was interesting in getting a subscription of the local paper. He replied by telling me that if I was wondering why he had hoist the flag it was because his wife would have been turning 85 today if she were still alive.

I told him that I really thought that was a very sweet thing to do. The old man agreed and said "I will keep doing this every year as long as I will live."

While listening to him telling me about his beloved wife a wamth spread in my chest and my eyes were prickling. Eventually I wished him a nice day and ended the call.

I had a smile glued to my face for the rest of the day. Not because he bought the subscription but because of the picture I had stuck in my head of an old man looking up at the flag pole in his backyard and smiling.

This made me believe a little bit in love. True love that lasts forever."

from LeLoveImage


I miss my grandparents. =( This letter somehow reminds me of my grandparents (they're still happily living together just incase you misinterpret it)



Photobucket


I feel bad for not being with them during their special events. I felt bad when I refuse to do a little something for them.

I promise I'll be a better granddaughter when I go back at the end of the year.




I would kill to just go back to eat my grandpa's satay chicken and bak kut teh (even though not the best in klang singapore and jb) and my grandma's potato & pork in black sauce (shu zai zhu yok) and steam eggs on mince pork and egg soup.


Because everytime I share with my friends about my grandparents I cannot stop myself from feeling warm inside because I grew up under their guidance and a lot of rice. They teach me to do taichi cause it's good for health and watch more news. And those times when we watch TVB dramas in the living room yelling at each other not to tell the rest of the stories.


*sigh*


and also they are the best example of true love that lasts forever. They made me believe in it.

4 comments:

YY Kong said...

u make my eyes teary. TT_TT

you better spend more times with ur grandparents. dun be like me. my grandparents not around di... cept my maternal grandma.

so wan spend time also cannot. sigh.

YY Kong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Khor said...

i really wish i could have a good time with my grandparents which i never did and now, all of them are gone. i'd never embark on a "doted-by-grandparents" journey and secretly wish that i would have a chance...

Lea said...

whoa! thats so sweet!!

yeah .. u should make them happy!! hehe..lucky you .. unlike me .. i dont have my grandad dy .. both side ..

and the things bout grandparents are .. i think .. for me .. they're mo laid-back than the parents..

i remember once whenever my mum wanna marah me .. sure.. my grandma will back me up .. hehe .. ;);)