Monday, September 19, 2011

Ash

note: this is no an advertorial.

Some backdated picture before I left. Heard lotsa raving reviews about Liese bubble hair dye and because I am marketers' dream come true to be so easily sold by advertisements and the little adventurer in me decided to give it a shot! I simply had no time to spare to head to Yen's and my regrowth is disgusting. I think the Hoe sisters have this thing of whenever we're leaving home for a longer period we'll need to fix our hair, because who knows what might happen (read: maybe meet a new guy and no you don't want ugly 3 inch regrowth, and no, it's no where near the ombre effect wtf)

At RM38 a pop, I'd say it's a pretty good deal (unless you get to buy at a cheaper price I hate you!). Known as the queen of DIY hairdye in the family, this is probably my 10th time or so dying my own hair so the processes were no stranger to me!

I have always wanted to get ash brown colour though the "ash" that Liese has is not the ash that I wanted, I want like more ash you get what I mean (more la la wtf). They have I think 8 different colours and I think I wanna try this purple thing shade next wtf.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Trust the Japanese to do it better. Their packaging is prettier, the gloves are better (they gave RUBBER gloves (can top as condom if you run out of it wtf) and the usual brands like Loreal, Garnier etc they give you PLASTIC gloves. -_-

The usual process, mix colourant into oxidizer liquid (they call it empty 1 into 2 haha) and INVERT it instead of shaking it vigorously. I always find it so scary that whenever I try to shake the bottle vigorously the bottle might explode or the tip of the squeezy bottle will pop open and splat all over. Then I cap on the foaming cap! Funny is you don't press to release the foam but you squeeze the bottle gently. (Reminds me of the Neutrogena foaming cleanser hahaha love that).

Apply evenly onto your hair and massage it into your hair like you're shampooing your hair.

Wait for 20-30 minutes (I did the mistake of leaving it on for 35 minutes cause I was watching drama -_- But then again the longer you leave it on the more intense your colour becomes cause your hair strands will work its magic with the oxidizer and become more damage and let it DYE (haha pun intended).




END RESULT:

sorry no picture wtf. The colour came up pretty close to what it shown on the packaging! Except that my hair was previously dyed red so there's still a tinge of red undertone to it, but I'm very satisfied with the end results!!! My hair is evenly dyed (or is it my skills? haha) and my roots were nicely covered in a slight ashy tone. LOVE IT!!!

So verdict: Get a pack if you don't have time for the salon or maybe the wallet to pay for salon coloured locks. It's actually pretty fun to dye your hair on your own just that you'll need to wear black, and avoid staining yourself case getting dye on your skin is similar to Mondays, like a bitch.

No comments: